Millions of people snore while sleeping. Snoring is not just a noticeable nuisance but it can also upset a person’s sleep and reduce its overall quality. A Mandibular Advancement Device is one of the solutions for snoring. Deficiency of sleep is dangerous for yourself and others. Our ability to focus on tasks, reflexes and reaction times depends on a good night’s sleep. Those who slept less than 6 hours are most likely to fall asleep while driving. Getting proper sleep keeps you safe and secure and others as well. A happy and healthy you are more beneficial for the world.
Read more about MAD: https://www.molmed.org
BENEFITS OF MANDIBULAR ADVANCEMENT DEVICES:
One of the simple and main benefits of a MAD is it helps reduce snoring and sleep apnea. MADs are helpful for snorers and people who have sleep apnea. People likely to gain the following benefits from MAD:
- People with mild-to-moderate sleep apnea
- Young people
- People with sleep apnea
- People with a retreating jaw structure.
The following people can have less likely improvement with MADs:
- Other adults
- Individuals with fatness and those with excess fat tissue around the neck.
- People with a rigid jaw, make advancement difficult.
- People with dental conditions, such as gum diseases.
- People with central sleep apnea, which is a nervous condition rather than a mechanical one.
MAD VS CPAP:
CPAP used to be the normal option for treating sleep apnea, however, they always do not trust the CPAP to continue for their snoring. MADs are now more useful for people who have mild sleep apnea or struggle with CPAP treatment.
MADs are portable, almost take no physical space in the bedroom, and do not produce noise. It also does not require electricity. MADs are also useful for improving symptoms but not for completely monitoring sleep apnea. For sleep apnea symptoms, CPAP is more likely to get immediate relief.
It is always recommended to take a physician’s advice if you are experiencing sleep problems and feel you recognize any of the symptoms of sleep apnea.
- Sleep disorders are very common with almost everyone.
- Insomnia is a type of indication which is categorized as being unable to sleep when you are tired.
- Insomnia is treated with medications as well as non-medical methods, such as lifestyle changes.
- Sleep apnea is categorized by heavy snoring and waking up in the night regularly.
- Sleep apnea can be treated in a variety of ways, including CPAP therapy, surgery, weight loss, and oral appliances.
- Narcolepsy symptoms are considered as falling asleep suddenly no matter where you are.
- Narcolepsy is treated with medication and scheduled sleep.
- A restless body is considered by an uncontrollable need to move your legs while are resting at the night. You would be in pain and feel an uncomfortable feeling.
- Medications and behavioral therapy can help you if you have RLS.
- One of the most dangerous symptoms is REM behavior. You live out your dreams at night and shout and talk. The condition should be diagnosed and treated without delay.
- Treatment of REM sleep situation is treated with medications alongside injury stoppage.